Under the guidance of Prof. Tadeusz Patzek, the Energy Geosystems Group (EGG) conducts research with the ultimate goal to secure and maintain the world's future in which hydrocarbons continue to play a key role. The main areas of focus of the ongoing projects include:
- Ultimate production of oil and gas from hydrofractured horizontal wells in major shale formations; currently, the Eagle Ford and Bakken;
- Improved/enhanced recovery of oil from microporous impermeable carbonate pore systems nested in the permeable, fractured reservoir volumes; and
- Well sensors, control, data acquisition and near wellbore physics and chemistry.
- Tad Patzek
- Clay Radkey (University of California Berkeley)
- Michael Marder (University of Texas at Austin)
Click here to visit the Energy Geosystems Group (EGG) website.